Aquamarine crystal is beautiful blue in colour which looks like frozen water. It is also called the “Water of the Sea” with its unique resemblance of the clear blue ocean. Its colour varies from the light blue of the sky to the deep blue of the ocean. Its light blue arouses feelings of sympathy, trust, harmony and friendship. The blue of aquamarine is a divine, eternal colour, because it is the colour of the sky. However, aquamarine blue is also the colour of water with its life-giving force.
According to a legend, the crystal originated in the treasure chest of mermaids. Since early times, aquamarine has been believed to endow the wearer with foresight, courage, and happiness. It is said to increase intelligence and make one youthful. As a healing stone, it is said to be effective as a treatment for anxiety and in the Middle Ages it was thought that aquamarine would reduce the effect of poisons.
Aquamarine is believed to instil courage and fortitude. Its energies are calming and it reduces stress and quietens the mind, thus clarifying perception, sharpening the intellect and removing confusion. Its blue colour resonates with the throat chakra and it helps in creative self-expression for removing blocks in communication. Aquamarine is also believed to give strength to deal with difficult situations and to allow you to stay focused under pressure. It has an affinity with sensitive and mystical people.
Uses of Aquamarine
Aquamarine has many healing properties which have been known since the ancient times. Some of them are as follows:
- Helps stabilize and harmonize unsettled surroundings.
- Helps reduce fears.
- Increases creativity and sharpens intuition.
- Excellent stone for meditation. Quiets the mind and reduces stress.
- Helps bring about a tolerance toward others.
- Clears blocked communication and aids the user in verbal expression.
- This stone allows us to find our individually and be ourselves.
- It is helpful to those who wear it, in regards to finding love, promoting fidelity and smoothing out differences between others
- Used for protection on journeys, especially those who travel on water.
- Placing Aquamarine on the throat chakra helps alleviate problems of the throat, swollen glands and the thyroid.
- Beneficial for Throat, Spleen and Heart Chakra