Marriage is a sacred union of two hearts and soul. It involves the coming together of two individuals that belong to two different customs and traditions. In Indian society and especially the Hindu religion, astrology plays quite a significant role as far as marriage is concerned and comes into play at the time of matchmaking of the two individuals.
When two individuals are about to get married to each other, their kundalis are matched or rather checked in order to determine the marriage compatibility and various other things that are considered important. This involves checking of all the important kootas or gunas and Nadi is one of the most important kootas that need to be looked into. Nadi is a representative of the health compatibility of the two individuals and is allotted 8 points out of a total of 36 points. Now 8 points out of 36 is quite high and it is this koot that has been allotted the highest points making it being considered the most important koot by various astrologers. When there is disagreement between this koot in the kundalis of the two individuals then it indicates Nadi Dosha and implies a complete NO for marriage.
Vedic astrology describes three different types of Nadi:
- Aadi Nadi or the First Nadi
- Madhya Nadi or the Middle Nadi
- Antar or the Antya Nadi
These nadis correspond to the three different qualities or the prakritis of the characteristics of the human body: Vaat,Pitta and the Kapha.It is believed that for a happy and prosperous married life, the nadi of the prospective bride and groom must be different. Same nadis can lead to distances between the couple.
In case the nadi Dosha is present, it may lead to the following consequences between the couple:
- Lack of harmony and bliss in married life
- Health issues in any one or both the partners
- Loss of affinity for each other
- Fertility related issues
- Birth of weak children
One can easily check the presence or absence of Nadi Dosha through checking either of the following:
- Nadi Dosha is absent in case the rashis of the two individuals are the same but the Nakshatra are different.
- There is no nadi Dosha when the nakshtras are the same but the rashis are different.
- There would be no nadi Dosha when both the rashis and nakshatras are same but the pada of Nakshatra are different.
There are two things that need to be considered:
- The 5th house of Lagan Kundali of the prospective bride and groom should be checked. This is so because house number 5 is said to be the House of Children.
- Jupiter is called as the Putrakarak planet and therefore its presence in the horoscopes of the bride and the groom should be checked.
In case, Nadi Dosha is present it does not mean that there is nothing that you can do. Astrology offers a whole lot of solutions that you can go in for.
These solutions include:
- Conducting a Nadi Nivarana Pooja.
- Donating grains, clothes, cows etc to the needy or the poor.
- Making the girl get married to Lord Vishnu before the actual person.
- Chanting the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra for the prescribed number of times.
- Consulting an expert astrologer.
Nadi Dosha is not something to fear. Make use of any of these remedies and get ready to lead a blissful life.