The following letter is worth reading; please do so when you have a
A wonderful letter written by a father to his children!
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons:
1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable; nobody knows how
long they live! Some words are better said early!
2. I am your father, and if I don’t tell you these, no one else will!
3. What is written is from my own personal bitter experiences that
perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.
Remember the following as you go through life:
1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one
has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I.
To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be
thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a
motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean
he / she really likes you. You have to be careful, don’t hastily
regard him / her as a real friend.
2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must
possess. Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to
go through life when people around you don’t want you anymore, or when
you lose what / who you love most.
3. Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would
find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the
better you enjoy life.
4. Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with
time and with one’s mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be
patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don’t over
exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don’t over exaggerate
the sadness of falling out of love.
5. A lot of successful people did not receive good education, that
does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard!
Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go
from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
6. I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, either
would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a
supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether
you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether
rich or poor.
7. You honor your words, but don’t expect others to be so. You can be
good to people, but don’t expect people to be good to you.
If you don’t understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles!
8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any
prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard!
There is no free lunch!
9. No matter how much time I have with you, let’s treasure the time we
have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life!